Goals, Vision, Mission
The Association of the Cement Industry of Serbia – “CIS” – is a non-governmental and non-profit association for monitoring and analysis of the legal framework regulating cement industry operations in Serbia and in the EU, whose activities are aimed at offering and providing professional and expert support to its members in:
- enhancement and promotion of good business practices and ethic, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development, especially environmental models of building, safety and health at work, and the use of renewable resources as fuels and raw materials;
- presentation of common positions of the members of the Association regarding the regulatory framework and any other topics that are of importance for the industry to improve the business environment and to provide the conditions for growth and development;
- making proposals for the adoption or amendment of legislation in areas of interest to the cement industry;
- supporting the development of construction projects at the national, regional and local level, and
- other questions of interest for the operations of members, at their request.
Vision of the Association is:
- application of the highest global business standards in the domestic cement and construction industry;
- cement - most preferred construction material which ensures the sustainable development through durability, safety, costs and resource efficiency;
- cement industry as unavoidable strategic partner of the Republic of Serbia in waste management.
Mission of the Association:
- supports sustainable development by promoting the implementation of the innovation, new technologies and environmental model of building;
- active contribution of the Association as valued and recognized professional organization in the creation of the favorable business climate and economic development in Serbia.